Last updated: June 11, 2020
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The Platform collects certain information from and about its users in three ways: directly from our web server logs, directly from the user, and with cookies.
1. Web Server Logs.
When you visit the Website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
- Your internet protocol address.
- The kind of browser or computer you use.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. Hence, this simplifies the process of delivering relevant content and eases site navigation by providing and saving your preferences and login information as well as providing personalized functionality.
Bandwagon reserves the right to share aggregated site statistics with partner companies, but does not allow other companies to place cookies on the Website unless there is a temporary, overriding customer value (such as merging a site that relies on third-party cookies into the Website).
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you reject cookies by changing your browser settings then be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on the Website.
3. Personal Information of Users
To participate in the Platform, you must create an Account. When you register for an Account, we will request certain of your personal information, such as your name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, age, financial information, and other relevant information. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you. For example, such data may be warranted in order to provide online technical support and troubleshooting.
We may rent, sell, or share personal or transaction information with other people or non-affiliated companies for certain purposes set forth below.
- Service Providers. Bandwagon may disclose your information, including personal information and transaction information, to service providers for the purposes of managing, providing, and improving the Platform, analyzing usage of the Services, and for marketing purposes.
- Marketing. Bandwagon provides services to certain business customers, such as bars and restaurants, that allow such customers to access certain personal information included in your profile when you use the Platform at such customers’ locations. Unless you opt out when you create your Account, Bandwagon and such customers may use such information to contact you to notify you of new Contests, prizes, and promotions, and for other marketing purposes.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We may share information, including personal and transaction information, with vendors and suppliers to collect additional information about you from them or to help us provide anonymized data to others.
- Anonymous Use and Sharing. We may share with others anonymized transaction information for market research, data modeling, and analytics. Such information will not include personal information, but may include unique identifiers such as device identifiers or “hashes” of email addresses.
- For Legal Reasons. We may access, preserve, and disclose collected information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect the rights, property, or safety of you, Bandwagon, or others.
- Merger or Sale. If all or a portion of Bandwagon or its assets are sold or transferred, personal information and other information we have collected may be treated as an asset and transferred in accordance with this Policy.
- Your Permission. We may also disclose your personal information with your permission.
PARTICIPATING MERCHANT POLICIES
Related services and offerings with links from portions of the Platform, including vendor sites, have their own privacy policies that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who are visible in the Platform or otherwise participate in the Services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
USE OF WEB BEACONS OR GIF FILES
Bandwagon’s website may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel gifs – that allow Bandwagon to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Bandwagon may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
Some of these web beacons may be placed by third party service providers to help determine the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns or email communications. These web beacons may be used by these service providers to place a persistent cookie on your computer. This allows the service provider to recognize your computer each time you visit certain pages or emails and compile anonymous information in relation to those page views, which in turn enables us and our service providers to learn which advertisements and emails bring you to our website and how you use the site. Bandwagon prohibits web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
ACCESSING ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We will provide you with the means to ensure that personally identifiable information in your Account is correct and current. You may review this information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT